Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Discovering another wonderful author, Jennifer R Hubbard

Hiya ready for another wonderful book? I have with me Jennifer R. Hubbard. I love this cover, it's haunting and beautiful.
 SKOW:So Jennifer when did the writing bug bite?
Jennifer: I became a story-teller by being a night owl forced to live in a day person's world. When I was little, I had a bedtime that was way too early for my insomniac self, so I would lie there making up stories in my head.
SKOW: Do you have a favorite character? I know as writers, we're like parents in a way not suppose to pick a favorite. I admit I do. What about you?
Jennifer: I could not pick a favorite character anymore than a mother could pick her favorite child. But I will admit that Tom, the older brother in The Secret Year, is someone I wouldn't mind knowing in real life. On Goodreads, several readers have posted their favorite quotes from The Secret Year, and I've noticed that almost all of them come from Tom!
SKOW: Do you have a writing routine or favorite spot to be creative?
Jennifer: My writing routine is: Sit in chair. Turn on radio. Have a piece of chocolate. Check email. Open file with current work in progress. Write until brain dries up or some other obligation forces me to stop.

Well, thanks for stopping by Jennifer, I've yet again, discovered something wonderful in The Secret Year.

The Secret Year blurb:
After his secret girlfriend's death, seventeen-year-old Colt finds the notebook she left behind, but he is unprepared for the truths he discovers about their intense relationship.
Be sure to keep an eye out for Jennifer's next book, Try Not to Breathe, will be published by Viking in January 2012.

4 comments:

  1. I love The Secret Year and am so looking forward to Jenn's next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book so much! Jennifer is one of my favorite authors. :) Can't wait for her next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting me! And best of luck on your exciting new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also loved The Secret Year and continue to be amazed at how well Jennifer writes in a young man's voice.

    ReplyDelete